Thursday, May 8, 2014

Plan - MicrOD&D

That's the project name for now. Whether or not I slap the "Arcane Adventures" name on it, we'll see. Anyway, I think I have a plan for now.

I'm going to start by utilizing the layout of Microlite20 to determine what I need to include initially; in the sense that Microlite20 provides the minimum rules needed to play, but that's still enough to play. I'm probably going to rearrange it to resemble OD&D more. From there I'm going to stick with content mostly from OD&D, but use the updated variants and versions from AD&D: with the exception of keeping the numbers down where possible (I really like +1s to be meaningful). I'll probably tossing in some basic house rules from Gary Gygax's 2005 house rules, and stuff from Philotomy's Musings (because it's awesome).

From there it will be supplements! Instead of replicating early OD&D supplements, that had a bit of everything in them, I'm going to try and keep them organized by type of content, i.e.; spells, monsters, classes, treasure, etc.

So there you have it for now, I'll get started soon, and see what I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment