Thursday, May 15, 2014

Is Anybody Out There?

It is plainly evident that I'm the only one that feels the way I do about old school D&D. I think I'm done. So I'm going to leave this blog up for another week or so. If anyone's still out there, let me know, or I'm just going to delete it.

The internet is so deceptive sometimes. When you're reading old blogs and forum posts, it still feels current. I realize I'm just a bit too late, and that's okay. Sadly I think the "old school" was just a fad. I know it's still getting played, but that's it. It's done. The people who wanted old school D&D got what they wanted, and they're satisfied. They don't want more, they don't want anything new. They want the D&D they knew, and that's it.

So I'm done. Old schoolers have practically no interest in new material, and new schoolers don't need anymore stuff. So I'm out. Not maliciously, not because "my feelings are hurt", but because I can acknowledge there's no interest in what I'm working on. And that's fine.

Thanks to anyone who's been reading so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment